Thursday, June 19, 2008

What's the point?

There's no point to most things we do but there is at the same time? Good things, stupid things, bad things, crazy things, unthinkable things.... so many.... wait for it... things. yes people. my vocab is limited. i know.

As much as its the most cliche of things to say.... everything finds its purpose in God. And when I myself 'indulge' in my own self-generated purpose. it truly just seems.... wait for it... POINT-less. I say indulge because anything that we come up ourselves... most of the time... has got to do with self. there are some exceptions though.

Then again i'm not saying we should all be missionaries or run away from worldly influence but rather think about what we're doing. why we're doing it. who are we doing it for. and where we're going with it.... and to get those answers. there's only one place.

JESUS.

People say there is more to life than having fun etc etc and some might even say there is more to life than Jesus, e.g. having a life. yes. having a life. like maybe go have a drink once in awhile... to indulge?

Hmmm I feel like I'm writing my own mini blog of Ecclesiastes...

But truly Jesus is number one. and when you find that when you put Him FIRST and His kingdom FIRST. It all starts to make sense. life that is. and our purpose here on earth.

We can't find our own life's purpose, we can only find God that REVEALS our life's purpose.

No comments: